As fuel costs continue to fluctuate, I am providing information about a more cost-effective method of transportation. The Genesee County Metropolitan Planning Commission’s Rideshare Program is a free computerized carpool matching service that pairs people with similar commutes to save on gas costs, lessen wear on your vehicle, and help the environment. Participating in the Rideshare supports Genesee County’s goal of healthy, livable, and safe communities by encouraging a more sustainable and connected workplace. Program registration instructions are attached.
Planner, Genesee County Metropolitan Planning Commission
Program Registration Instructions
- Visit https://www.carpoolworld.com/genesee_rideshare
- Click “Join us and start carpooling!” and fill out your account information.
- You will receive an email confirmation code; enter the code once received.
- Fill out your trip Sections with an asterisk* are required.
- Click “Yes” in the “Guaranteed Ride Home opt-in” section to be eligible for reimbursed transportation costs if an unexpected issue More info at: https://gcmpc.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/GRH-Rules-and-Voucher- Updated-2023.pdf
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page to complete your trip.
- Choose your email notifications and trip logging preferences.
- To be notified about rideshare matches daily, select “Everyday” in the drop- down menu next to “Subscribe to receive a list of your most current matches by email”.
- Click “Proceed” at the bottom of the page to complete your email notification settings.
- On the “My trip log” page, log your past trips and weekly costs if desired. Otherwise, leave the info that is automatically included on the page.
- Click “Submit My Information” to complete your registration.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “My matches” to see other users who have similar commutes.
- Contact users that you are matched with to start ridesharing.
- When you log back into your account after you have registered, your “My matches” tab will be at the top of the page.
If you have further questions about the Rideshare program, please call 810-233-RIDE.